Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lilys allergic reaction!

Yesterday, Brian called me and work and said Lily woke up with red bumps all over.  I said, "what do you mean, red bumps?"  He sent me a few pictures and I called the doctors office right away.  Lily started Amoxicillin a week ago for her cold that wouldn't get better.  This is the first time she has ever taken an antibiotic.  The doctors office called me back and said that a small percentage of children develop an Amoxicillin rash.  She said there is nothing harmful with it as long as it isn't hives or as long as she isn't itching.  OK?  Seriously?  Anyway she seemed ok lastnight other than the itching on her feet. 

When she woke up this morning it was much much worse.  The red bumps had turned into much larger red welts.  I took more pictures and sent them to Brian at work and called the doctors office back.  Lily was itching her legs and her belly quite a bit.  Poor girl looks horrible!

The doctors office called moments later and definitely said she was having an allergic reaction and to stop the antibiotics.  Maybe I'm just a worried mother but don't you think they would have wanted to look at it yesterday?  Whatever...  So now she is to take Benadryl for a couple of days until the hives clear up and can never take Amoxicillin again...

Here are the welts on my poor baby...


 Ouch

Right Leg

Left Leg

 We hope this clears up very very soon!  Get better baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment