Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 2 of baby food

Day 2 of avocado went perfect.  Marley at the entire bowl!  I really hope she is our good eater! 



Big sister Lily even helped!!!


Oh and I almost forgot... A couple of days ago we began to transition Marley from sleeping swaddled.  She has been sleeping in velcro swaddle wraps since she was a few weeks old.  We have also had her crib elevated and her legs over a boppy pillow so she wouldn't slide down the crib.  I don't want to put my foot in my mouth but Marley sleeps so good.  She hasn't woke up in the middle of the night since she was a month and a half old.  She goes to bed about 9:30 and gets up anywhere between 8 and 9 in the morning.  She does still sleep with a white noise machine. 

So a couple of days ago we wrapped her up in a new sleep sack I had bought that has the ability to have the arms in or out.  We began taking one arm out of the swaddle at first.  It took her a little longer to go to sleep and she woke up once about 2:30 and was back asleep in about 20 minutes.  She just sucked on her hand and eventually got tired. 

Then lastnight I took the boppy pillow out and made the crib level.  She went to sleep immediately.  Maybe she enjoyed being stretched out! 

Then today I for her nap I switched the arm in which I left out of the swaddle.  She napped for 3 hours!!!  So far so good!

This morning the girls and I went to JCPenney.  We had a Christmas gift card to use up and Miss Marley needed clothes for warmer weather.  Lily saw a Disney princess suitcase right away and continued to play with that while I picked out a few things.  Since Lily sort of behaved for the trip I let her pick out a nightgown.  She picked an Ariel mermaid nightgown that came with ballet slippers. 

As I've mentioned before Lily calls ballet items "betta days".  She oohed and aahed over them.  Lily wanted to put the nightgown on when we got home but I told her I would have to wash it first.  While the girls were napping I did a few loads of laundry and washed it.  When Lily woke up from her nap she put on the slippers...  Then when Brian got home I was folding the clothes and she saw the nightgown.  She asked to put on her "murry" nightgown.  Thats code for mermaid.  So she is wearing it now eating her snack and watching her cartoon...  Silly girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment