Monday, April 4, 2011

Lately...

Well first of all I am happy to say my liver biopsy results gave us an answer as to what caused all of my problems. It took until last Tuesday to get the results...  Anyway the biopsy showed toxic amounts of estrogen meaning the birth control pills I started 3 months ago caused this.  It is still unknown why it happened but I can never ever take BC pills again.  I have a follow up with my OB/GYN tomorrow to get a game plan down and go over some of my other lab work.  Couldn't be happier that there is no permanent damage at all!  My skin color is starting to lighten up and am not itching quite as bad.  My eyes are still yellow but I suspect that will be the last thing to improve since it was the first sign of the jaundice. 

Miss Marley is eating her cereal like a champ now.  She loves it!  We had a trying couple of days last week where she was just not content.  She wanted me in front of her all day long.  Yikes, by the end of the day I was ready to pull my hair out!  I decided to put her in the Moby wrap and carry her around.  She loved it when she was a newborn and I guess she still does.  We walked around the house and I was able to pick up a little.  I bet it only took 20 minutes or so and she was out like a light.  I am now looking into a better carrier that will offer a little more support for me.  Can't wait, I love carrying her around and holding her.  This will just make it easier for me to get things done at home. 

before

after...


Both Lily and Marley went to the doctor last Thursday with cold symptoms.  Lily had been sick for a week and Marley for just a few days.  When Marley screamed for nearly 3 hours Thursday AM I called the doctor.  Thankfully she just has a cold and they suspected Lily has allergies.  We started her on Claritin.  Marley weighed in at 14 lbs .5 oz and Lily weighed 35 lbs...  Healthy girls considering.  Miss Lily still isn't getting any better and her symptoms have gotten worse so I am taking her back to the doctor this afternoon...



looks can be deceiving...

sporting Lily's bling bling from a b-day party...

fell asleep watching Max & Ruby... this is the 1st time she has EVER fallen asleep on the floor like this!

Lily loves wearing her nightgowns but now all of a sudden she has to wear pants with them...  whatever, as long as she goes to bed.  Then the next morning she had to have her red "betta day" shoes.  Thats Lily code for ballet or ballerina we think...

Marley started out on the floor laying this way...

and wound up like this minutes later!


not feeling well...

storm rolling in...  looking out our kitchen...


No comments:

Post a Comment