Thursday, December 16, 2010

Visiting Santa in Avoca

I had been trying to decide all day yesterday whether or not I was going to drive out to Avoca to see Santa at the public library.  I kept checking the lastest news forecast and they said it was supposed to be well north of the metro.  We were supposed to meet at the library at 5:30 and finally at 4:45 I decided to get Lily up from her nap and leave.  Brian stayed home with Marley since it was so cold.  We had no problem getting out there at all.  We met Santa along with Courtney, Cash, Isabell, and Chase.  Then we went to Michelles and had pizza for supper.  At about 7:30 I figured it was time to start heading home.  I went out the start the car and discovered it had already started snowing.  The ground was covered and I figured this wasn't a good sign.  Sure enough the interstate was horrible.  I drove anywhere from 30-40 mph the enire way...took me an hour and 45 minutes.  I hate driving in the snow on any given day but to have one of my children in the car made it worse.  I just drove at a pace I felt comfortable with and stuck with it.  The road was completely covered and you couldn't even see the lines.  Thankfully we made it home safely just in time for Lily to go to bed. 


 Lily and Isabell even had matching shirts on.  Lily had a great time playing with her cousins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment