Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas in Iowa

On Sunday, the day after Christmas we went out to Avoca to celebrate with my mom and siblings.  I wish I would have taken a picture of my moms table.  It was so pretty!  We had a noon dinner with prime rib, twice baked potatoes, stuffed mushrooms, garlic rolls, fried shrimp, shrimp cocktail, corn, barley bake, and salad.  We also had plenty of other snacks as well.  Awesome food!!!  After dinner we cleaned up and passed out presents.  We let the kids go first one at a time (at least we tried).  Lily and Marley got new clothes and a few toys.  Clothes are so nice at this point because we know they will get lots of use with both girls.  Marley slept most of the time while we were out there.  Only waking up to eat.  My sister and brother taught me how to play cribage.  I'm sure by the time I play it again they will have to re-teach me.  We headed home about 5 so we would have plenty of time to wind down before bed.  It was a long weekend...
Marley sleeping while we opened our presents...


Lily just loves her dress up clothes.  The shoes were actually Isabells...I think Lily enjoyed them more than she did.  An idea for next time!  And this is Marley awake in her Christmas dress from Grandma Lori. 



Grandma Lori with Marley 


My mom with all the grandkids, my sister Michelle, and brother Kevin. 
Merry Christmas until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment