Thursday, September 8, 2011

Momma's Birthday {engaged}


Yesterday was my birthday.  I worked all day then came home to a nice dinner breakfast.  We had eggs, pancakes, and bacon.  We cleaned up and Lily brought me my gift.  I had originally asked for a vacuum but I knew Brian wasn't going to spend the $400 on the one I wanted.  So in the bag was the "As seen on TV" Cordless Swivel Sweeper.  Not quite what I wanted but I will get to that later...  Then in a little box at the bottom of the bag was this...

5+ years and 2 kids later... FINALLY!!! 

Needless to say I was a little surprised.  I definitely wasn't expecting it.  We have no idea when we will actually get married.  So until then I will enjoy my gorgeous ring!!!


After I opened the ring, Lily was a bit jealous.  She really wanted to play with the box and have her own ring to wear.  I found one of her play rings and she was thrilled as ever.  Here is momma and her girl with their rings...


So... back to the sweeper.  I was a bit apprehensive about this thing considering it cost $20 plus we can get a $10 mail in rebate from Menards.  Brian charged the thing up last night and I fell in LOVE.  I am going to be using it all the time.  Lily makes the BIGGEST mess when she eats.  This little thing picked up all the food on the rug and works on the bare laminate floor.  What a dream!!!  Now I won't have to lug the 20 lb Hoover up the stairs to do a quick clean up...




1 comment: