Monday, November 22, 2010

She's here...

Marley Josephine Snyder
6 lb 12 oz
19.5"
8:11 AM

We arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am with the c-section scheduled for 7:30.  Dr was a few minutes late...thats to be expected.  We had an unexpected surprise when the anesthesiologist asked if my mom wanted to go back and watch the c-section.  Grandma proudly accepted the offer.  We all thought that was pretty special.  Once I received my spinal Marley was born within 3 minutes.  She was perfect!!!  The plan was for mommy to only be in recovery for about 30 minutes but that went south when I had a bad reaction to an anti-nausea medication.  I can't tell you how awful I felt.  When I finally convinced the nurses that something wasn't right they went to get the anesthesiologist to determine what was wrong.  By describing my symptoms he ordered some Benadryl ASAP.  As soon as that was on board I was feeling much better.  The same exact thing happened the day after Lily was born and we never knew what it was.  I was sick and out of it for an entire day.  Now we know!!!

So an hour and a half later I got to hold Miss Marley.  We had lots of visitors by the time I arrived in my room. 

Big Sister Lily meets her baby sister...
 Lily was a little shy at first but she warmed up to her pretty quickly.
Grandma Lori
 


Papa Mike

Aunt Tina

Aunt Teresa

Cousin Taylor

Our happy family!


Daddy and his new baby girl

No comments:

Post a Comment