Sunday, May 22, 2011

Baby food galore!

I have been busy making baby food this weekend.  The girls and I made a trip to Whole Foods on Friday and got more fruits and veggies.  I got apricots, peaches, zucchini, peas, carrots, spinach, and broccoli.  We are holding off on the spinach and broccoli for another month or so.

Friday I made zucchini.  I think this was the easiest yet.  All I had to do was peal them with a veggie peeler, slice, and steam.  Voila... done in about 15 minutes total.  I did not take any pictures of these as I was multi tasking.  Marley loved them so much!  She kept opening her mouth waiting for the next bite.  So cute!

Yesterday we hit a couple of garage sales.  Tregaron had their neighborhood sale this weekend.  I have always had good luck at this one but this year was a little less than desirable.  The clothes were old, stained, and just plain gross at several homes.  One was even covered in dog hair.  Seriously I don't understand why anyone would think someone would pay money for them. 

I found one other neighborhood close that had some baby clothes.  We hit the jackpot!!!  I found some nice summer outfits for Marley and got Lily a Rose Petal Cottage with ALL of the furniture for $20!  What a steal.  They are no longer available for purchase and retailed for around $150 without the furniture.  She was so happy!  She played in it all day yesterday and is again this morning. 

After we got home I made Marley's apricots.  These were a bit tedious.  I started with 14 apricots and only ruined 1.  I had to cut them in half and take the pits out.  They are so small and they stained my fingers.  I really didn't know if they would turn out.  I baked them for about 25 minutes in a little water then put them in a bowl to cool.  I didn't even have to remove the skins since they pretty much melted into the fruit.  I was amazed at how well they turned out...

        before       &        after

Today I have been busy with peaches and more peas.  I baked the peaches the same way I did the apricots.  I baked them until the skin started to pucker then let them cool a bit.  While the peaches were cooling I steamed the peas since they don't take long.  The only difficult part of the process is trying to keep the peas on the steamer basket without losing all of them.

Once the peaches cooled I was able to simply pinch skin right off.  Who knew it would be so easy.  I put them in the food processor and again, voila! 

I have a few more to do this week and we should be set for a while.  We are waiting about 3 days to introduce each new food to make sure Marley isn't allergic to anything. 

Here are the peaches.  Apparently some were white and some not thats why it turned out so light colored.  Oh and they smelled so sweet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment