Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

Well our New Year didn't start out the greatest.  It all started New Years Eve morning.  Brian called me from his cell phone when he was supposed to be at work.  I knew that was odd.  He informed me he was on his way to the hospital because his dad was having chest pains.  I stayed home with both girls while he sat at the hospital all day.  They ran a few tests and found out Mike had 90% blockage in one of his arteries so they sent him to surgery to put in a stint.  After the surgery, we were informed that he was ok and should be home Sunday.  He spent the rest of Friday and part of Saturday in ICU.  He is supposed to be released today.  I'm sure he will be back on his feet very soon! 

Then on New Years Day, Brian took Lily up to the hospital so she could see her Papa.  I was home with Marley when all of a sudden the power went out.  Seriously, this had been the coldest day of the winter yet.  When I called OPPD their automated line said "All customer sercvice reps are busy", really?  Anyway I reported the outage and they said it would be approximatley 3 pm until power was restored.  Sick newborn baby + no power = Not Good! 

I called Brian and he came home to check things out.  He checked the fuse box and said everything was fine.  He also said he had seen an OPPD truck down the street. 

Luckily we have a gas fireplace that turned on and Marley and I were going to just stick it out.  The temperature hadn't gone down that much so I figured we would be fine.  Brian left and just moments later "poof"  the power was back on!  Thank goodness it was only an hour. 

Happy 2011 everyone!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment